Were You Injured on Someone’s Property?
Depending on the nature of the accident, injuries caused by careless property maintenance can range from muscle strains to broken bones to traumatic brain or spinal cord injuries. If you fell down some stairs due to a broken handrail or slipped on an icy sidewalk, you may not be aware of your rights to pursue a personal injury claim.
Property owners have the responsibility to ensure their premises are safe. When they do not, the Law Office of James A. Maniatis is here to help. We handle a wide variety of premises liability claims for injured individuals in Worcester and the surrounding areas of Massachusetts. Our lawyer will help you understand your rights and seek maximum compensation for medical expenses, lost wages, and the pain and suffering you have endured.
What Is Premises Liability?
“Premises liability” is the legal term for accidents that are caused by poor maintenance of a residential or commercial property. When a property or building is not properly cared for, individuals who visit or live on the property may seriously injure themselves. Typical premises liability claims include:
- Slip-and-fall accidents caused by unmarked slippery floors, cracked pavement, broken stairs and other hazards that might cause you to trip
- Snow and ice hazards in winter when property owners do not properly remove snow or salt outdoor walkways or stairs
- Injuries or scarring caused by dog bites
- Construction site accidents caused by improperly fenced holes, negligent supervision or mechanical failures
- Injuries from falling objects or unsteady store displays
- Illnesses caused by toxic mold, improper air filtration or other environmental hazards
- Injuries due to improper lighting or inadequate security
We will investigate all the facts to determine liable parties, including municipalities or government agencies that failed to properly maintain public property. If necessary, we will work with top medical specialists, occupational therapists, economists and other experts to aid in the investigation and preparation of your claim.
Our Worcester premises liability attorney will then negotiate with insurance companies on your behalf, keeping you informed of all developments as they happen. He is always prepared to represent your interests in court, if necessary, to protect your right to fair compensation.
Contact Our Shrewsbury Slip-and-Fall Injury Attorney
For personal injury representation focused on your needs, contact our firm today to schedule your free initial consultation.